Substitute Employment Application Process and Procedures
Substitute employees are important to Lumpkin County Schools to ensure vital services continue to be provided whenever a job is not staffed by a regular employee. The district accepts applications for substitute employment as teachers, custodians, bus drivers, and food service assistants.
Please note: Substitutes work on an as needed basis and are not guaranteed work or a set number of hours.
To apply for Substitute Bus Driver, Custodian, and Food Service Assistant:
- Applicants interested in applying to become a substitute must complete the on-line application.
- Have four (4) references. E-mail addresses are required.
- Schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints done at the Central Office. Drop by the Central Office to schedule an appointment.
- Complete the Fingerprint Form and turn it in, along with the $48 fee (Check only – Lumpkin County Schools), into the Central Office at least ten (10) days prior to the date you are scheduled to be fingerprinted.
Please be aware that many of these jobs are physically demanding and require lifting of heavy objects.
To apply for Substitute Teaching or Nursing:
Applicants interested in applying to become a substitute teacher or nurse must complete the on-line application. Click here to apply for substitute teaching, bus driver, custodian, food service assistant or nursing.
A complete application includes:
- Completed Substitute Teaching Application
- 4 Completed Reference Forms
- Substitute Class Certification of attendance or a copy of a valid Teaching Certificate
- Attach a copy of your high school diploma/GED certificate OR college transcript OR copy of teaching certificate. The minimum level of education required for substitute teaching in Georgia is a high school diploma or it’s equivalent (a GED certificate).
- Completed Criminal Records Check
- Board approved to substitute
All substitutes will be fingerprinted by Lumpkin County Schools. Come by the Central Office to schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints done. Fingerprints are done once a month so please plan ahead.
Return the signed fingerprint form to the Human Resources Department along with a check for $48 for processing your fingerprints.
The completed form must be on file with Human Resources at least 10 days before the fingerprint date to be able to sign up for a time to be fingerprinted.
Fingerprint Dates: TBA (2017-2018 School Year)
To schedule an appointment for fingerprints please come by the Central Office to complete forms. Please note dates and cost are subject to change.
Cost: Fingerprints & Criminal Records Check ($48.00) Check.
These sessions are conducted at Pioneer Regional Education Service Agency 1342 Highway 254, Cleveland, Georgia 30528, Phone # 706-865-2141 from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM. You must complete your registration and submit it online.
Upon completion of online registration, print out the form, sign, include payment, and mail to Pioneer RESA. You may also drop off registration form and payment at their office from 8:00 am until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Your enrollment will be withdrawn if payment for the Substitute Training course is not received at their office one week prior to the class.
As a result, space will open up for others to register. They do not keep a waiting list. The substitute classes are listed on the web site and participants can register online at www.pioneerresa.org.
A completed application and all supporting documentation must be on file with Human Resources at least 10 days prior to the substitute class.
Pre-registration for Substitute Teacher Training is required:
- Pioneer RESA
- Substitute Teacher Training Schedule
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Cost: Contact Resa
Any applicant who possesses a valid or expired professional teaching certificate (or letter of eligibility for same) will be exempt from the briefing requirement upon providing evidence of certification to Human Resources.